Our employees are extremely well valued and many of the key personnel are developed from within. As a testament to our unmatched employee relations, the average service for all Rodon employees is 15 years, with many employees serving in excess of 25 years. A family-owned company since 1956, our success has been achieved through the superb performance of dedicated employees, innovative ideas and laser-like focus on precision and quality. A gem of American manufacturing - Rodon is a great place to work.
We offer competitive wages and comprehensive, high quality benefits including an option among affordable medical plans and open choice dental plans, life, disability and accidental death insurance, 401(k), 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
It is the policy of Rodon Limited Partnership to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and genetics. Business activities, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees are conducted without regard to these or any other status or condition protected by law. To learn more about your EEO rights, please read EEO is the Law. We are an E-Verify employer. To read the notices in English or Spanish, click here.
Resumes will only be accepted for open positions. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
Open Positions: Toolmaker
The Rodon Group has an excellent opportunity for a Toolmaker with 2+ years of experience!
Position Summary: To build, repair and alter complex and precise molds and fixtures.
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, grinders, and EDM machines, etc.
- Set-up, adjust and operate basic machine tools as well as specialized, advanced tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Using precision instruments (e.g., micrometers), measure, examine, and test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Set controls to regulate machining; enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Use knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using mathematics and instruments.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, or materials onto machines.
- Selects the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Good shop math skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Attention to detail; ability to produce finished product that meets specifications
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with little supervision
- High school diploma; technical/trade school with emphasis on tool making or equivalent work experience preferred
- At least 2 years of mold making in a tool shop environment or equivalent technical/trade school experience preferred
- Walk and stand a minimum of 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week on concrete floors.
- Make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and whole body movement, such as lifting up to 60 lbs., balancing, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Talk; hear; see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal field of vision, close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
This position will require overtime and Saturday work (half days); actual work hours may vary from 40 to 55 hours per week. Our compensation is very competitive based on experience; we pay the overtime rate for any hours worked over 8 hours in a single day; Saturday work is always paid at the overtime rate.
Qualified applicants will receive immediate consideration. Only local candidates will be considered; no re-locaters, please. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to “Tool Maker” in subject line.