Our employees are extremely well valued and many of the key personnel are developed from within. As a testament to our unmatched employee relations, the average service for all Rodon employees is 15 years, with many employees serving in excess of 25 years. A family-owned company since 1956, our success has been achieved through the superb performance of dedicated employees, innovative ideas and laser-like focus on precision and quality. A gem of American manufacturing - Rodon is a great place to work.
We offer competitive wages and comprehensive, high quality benefits including an option among affordable medical plans and open choice dental plans, life, disability and accidental death insurance, 401(k), 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
It is the policy of Rodon Limited Partnership to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and genetics. Business activities, such as hiring, promotion, and compensation of employees are conducted without regard to these or any other status or condition protected by law. To learn more about your EEO rights, please read EEO is the Law. We are an E-Verify employer. To read the notices in English or Spanish, click here.
Resumes will only be accepted for open positions. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted.
Qualified applicants will receive immediate consideration. Only local candidates will be considered; no re-locaters, please. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the individual position in subject line.
Open Positions: Director of Quality
The Director of Quality supports manufacturing management in all facets of Quality. The Director champions the production of products that meet the safety and reliability requirements of customers.
As with all company leaders, promotes safety first and adheres to the Leadership Commitment to Safety.
- Demonstrates exceptional measuring skills. Utilizes both traditional measuring techniques as well as current vision inspection technology
- Provides leadership and guidance in the timely communication to manufacturing management of issues associated with regulatory product compliance
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of product quality requirements and the ability to explain such requirements to the Quality staff
- Identifies, documents, assesses, corrects and prevents quality issues using risk analysis, root cause and data analysis tools
- Supports and enforce procedures in place to improve quality system processes, process capability, reliability and overall quality of manufactured products
- Develops and implements reliability analysis, validation and assessment methods to support successful new product introductions
- Provides ongoing quality leadership throughout the product life cycle
- Assists manufacturing management in determining quality validation needs, strategies, and requirements
- Ensures product development and validation programs meet requirements of the customer as well as external regulating bodies such as ISO, HACCP, and FDA
- Maintains knowledge base of “lessons learned” to enable continuous improvement
- Analyzes and formally reports on quality and regulatory issues as requested by manufacturing management or customer request
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development through continuing education and participation in professional associations
- Self-driven to achieve defined goals. Decisive with proven ability to think independently to develop new and innovative approaches to problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills
- Champions quality disciplines and practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proactive and able to balance multiple priorities and tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- BS/BA in an Engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum ten years’ experience in Quality Control with a plastics manufacturer
- Certified Director of Quality or other professional quality certification
- Excellent measuring skills, shop math skills, and ability to read complex blueprints.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply understanding of FMEA, PPAP, and Control Plans
- Vision systems programming a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Enterprise Relationship Planning system (Made2Manage preferred)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ISO
- Walk and stand a maximum of 4 hours/day, 20 hours/week on concrete floors
- Lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Use a computer and other common office equipment such as a monitor, keyboard, and copier machine
- Sit upright in a chair; the job is 80% sedentary
- Communicate and understand written and spoken directions
- Wear steel-toed safety shoes and other personal protective equipment required in a manufacturing facility
- Bend over; reach with arms and hands; stretch; sit; kneel; push. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Talk; hear; see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal field of vision, close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and color recognition
- Wear steel-toed safety shoes and other personal protective equipment as required such as ear plugs, safety glasses, and gloves