At The Rodon Group, we think our quality certifications such as ISO 9001:2015, HACCP and certified GMA-SAFE demonstrate our commitment to providing the best possible parts at the most competitive prices. However, our commitment goes beyond certifications. We have a staff of quality professionals whose sole focus is making sure we produce plastic parts that are as perfect as possible.
From our administrative staff, who handles every inquiry with professionalism to our engineers who continually look for ways to improve part design and production, our entire company has a true understanding of what it takes to be considered one of the best plastic injection molders in the United States. It is a reputation we take pride in and are inspired to improve upon every day.
Rodon is proud to manufacture our products under an ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system. Our Quality Management System is registered and certified by the internationally recognized Systems Certification Body (SCB). Rodon is also compliant with a variety of other industry specific certifications, listed below.
- ISO 9001:2015
- FDA Approved Resins
Food & Beverage Certifications
- ISO 9001:2015
- Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) compliance
- BPA-free construction
- Non-toxic guidelines
Recent Lab Addition
A QC lab addition was to recently created to allow room for a new Coordinate Measuring Machine. We have increased the lab to ~1140 sq.f. and added a Zeiss Contura CMM Bridge Coordinate Measuring Machine. This equipment takes measurements via a touch probe in the X, Y & Z direction’s and is accurate to about .0003”. The CMM will be used to measure mold components (IE. Cores and cavities, etc.) as well as molded parts at very close tolerances.
A two-step quality inspection
There are two major components of our quality inspections. They are first-piece inspections, and in-process inspections. The “first-piece” inspections are performed in our metrology lab. The parts are then inspected in the lab. They are checked dimensionally, functionally and cosmetically. If the parts pass inspection, the manufacturing job is put in queue for full production.
After the job is in production, the second phase of the quality inspection is put in place. This phase is called the “in-process” inspection. While the jobs are running on the production floor, parts are sampled and inspected to make sure they are in compliance with the part specifications. These inspections are coordinated using an electronic scheduling system and are displayed on a screen which visually maps out the locations on the production floor.
Quality parts require quality measurement tools
To accurately measure quality compliance you need the right tools for the job. At The Rodon Group, the metrology lab is constantly analyzing and evaluating new equipment and measurement devices to maintain our high standards. Along with a full array of tools to test compression, tension, weights and dimensions, the lab has vision measurement systems and color inspection equipment. Of course, a full complement of traditional inspection tools such as calipers, microscopes, micrometers, dial and digital indicators are also part of the inspection process.
Our lab is equipped with a wide range of inspection equipment including:
- Two Programmable Mitutoyo Quick Vision Measurement Systems - 16”x16”x8” (Model’s - QVX404)
- Keyence Programmable Image Measurement system (Model – IM-6020)
- Konica Minolta CM-700d Color Spectrophotometer System
- Graphic-Technology Tabletop GTI Light Examination Booth (w/programmable light sources)
- Tinius Olsen 2000 lb Vertical - Tension / Compression Test Machine
- Meiji EMZ-5TR Stereo Zoom Examination Microscope w/Dolan-Jenner LED fiber-lite
- Sciencescope Digital Microscope w/digital capture camera
- 12" Mitutoyo Digimatic Height Gage w/ granite inspection table
- Precision Setra Electronic scales with a variety of capacities for weighing and counting
- Plus, a full complement of traditional inspection tools such as calipers, microscopes, micrometers, dial and digital drop indicators