In the construction industry, one of the keys to successful projects is investing in high-quality construction components, including injection molded plastic building products and assemblies. These materials are made from a variety of durable plastics, all of which offer distinct characteristics that make them suitable for different construction applications. While they generally do not exhibit the strength necessary for load-bearing structures, they are used for various functional and aesthetic purposes.
Read on to learn more about the role of plastic injection molding in the construction industry.
Importance of Plastic Injection Molding in the Construction Industry
Our infrastructure—i.e., the towns and cities, connecting roads, and everything in between—is built by the construction industry. As such, the success or failure of construction projects can significantly affect the quality and safety of our day-to-day lives. For this reason, construction industry professionals must make it their priority to employ high-quality construction parts, products, and technologies to ensure the finished structures are durable and reliable.
At The Rodon Group, we help them achieve this goal by providing injection molded plastic building materials engineered for dependable performance and minimal maintenance. For example, our partnership with SillDry Industries allows us to manufacture a superior window and door flashing solution. The injection molded component features a patented one-piece expandable design that is more effective and efficient at preventing water intrusion than conventional flashing products. Since its introduction, many architects, builders, and other construction professionals have relied on it to protect their buildings and reputations.
Advantages of Plastic Building Materials for Construction Applications
Compared to traditional building materials, injection molded plastic building materials offer a number of advantages for construction industry applications, such as:
- Lower costs:Compared to metal, wood, and glass, plastics are generally available at a much lower price, making them a more cost-effective material option for high-volume operations.
- Higher durability:Unlike metal and wood, plastic does not rot or corrode. Additionally, depending on the formulation, it can offer the same amount of strength and rigidity.
- Lighter weight:The lighter weight of plastics makes them easier to handle, use, and transport than metals, resulting in lower labor and transportation costs.
- Greater thermal/electrical insulation: Plastics inherently demonstrate excellent thermal and electrical insulation properties, minimizing unnecessary or unwanted heat and electricity transference.
- Better recyclability:Many plastics are highly recyclable, making them environmentally friendly construction materials.
- Broader versatility: Since plastics are available in numerous variations and formulations, they can be used to create a wide range of construction parts and components, including hole plugs, sash handles, screen covers, tilt latches, and more.
Applications of Plastic Building Products in the Construction Industry
Injection molded plastics are used throughout the construction industry for many purposes. For example, they are often used as building materials for flooring, roofing, walls, windows, insulation, and piping. They are also formed into components and assemblies for various construction equipment, ranging from handheld power tools to heavy-duty machinery.
At The Rodon Group, we regularly supply injection molded plastics that serve as window and door hardware for residential and commercial facilities. By employing innovative design, tool fabrication, injection molding, and robotics technologies, we’ve optimized our molding process to produce high-quality standard and custom plastic window and door parts.
We also sell a variety of fastener products for the building and construction industry. Whether a customer needs us to create a new product or re-engineer an existing one, we have the knowledge, skills, and tools to deliver a solution that fully meets or exceeds their performance and production standards.
Construction Solutions at The Rodon Group
At The Rodon Group, we offer high-quality injection molding solutions to customers in the construction industry. Equipped with over 60 plus years of industry experience and state-of-the-art injection molding machines, we can provide durable and reliable plastic building materials suitable for a wide range of construction projects.
For additional information about our plastic injection molding capabilities and how we serve the construction industry, contact us today.