At The Rodon Group, we provide innovative product solutions for the window and door industry. Our custom plastic injection molding capabilities are second to none in their ability to create top-quality vent stops locks and keepers, muntin clips and joiners, latches, and more for both residential and commercial windows and doors.
We offer a range of custom turnkey solutions, including part design, toolmaking, and high-volume parts manufacturing. By using high-reliability resins to replace metal components, we significantly limit the possibility of rust or corrosion. Additionally, our existing part redesign capabilities help minimize assembly times and reduce the cost of installation.
We can design and manufacture custom window parts for use in specific applications and, because of our longevity and experience in the injection molding industry, can offer high-quality, low-cost solutions. In addition, all of our parts exhibit excellent weatherability and thermal characteristics from UV-inhibited engineered nylon, Celcon, polypropylene, vinyl, and other customer-specific materials. See the below infographic to learn more about the unique benefits we’ve brought to the window and door industry since 2010.
Use our interactive infographic below by rolling over the circles to view a selection of our window and door offerings.
The Need for Plastic Window & Door Parts
Window and door components must be designed and constructed for durability. This requirement is especially important if they will be installed on exterior walls and/or in environments with harsh conditions. That’s why it is essential to choose the material and manufacturing method for a window and door project carefully. Otherwise, the finished components may not be able to perform as expected within the application.
Plastic injection molding is widely used throughout the window and door industry. It involves heating and melting plastic, injecting the molten material into custom molds at high pressures, and allowing it to cool until it can hold its form. This versatile manufacturing process can be used to turn a wide range of plastics into various parts and products. Additionally, it offers several advantages over other methods, such as broader design freedom, better repeatability, lower labor costs, greater production capacities, smaller waste generation, and more, all of which can save window and door customer’s time and money.
Benefits of Plastic Parts for the Window & Door Industry
As indicated above, there are many advantages to using plastic injection molding for manufacturing parts and products for the window and door industry. Below, we highlight some of the benefits of using plastic injection molded components over those made from other materials.
- They can be made in a variety of materials to suit different needs. Plastic resins can be used as alternative construction materials for many metal components. If chosen carefully, they offer high reliability within the intended application at lower costs. Since there are many types available, manufacturers can easily select one that suits the exact requirements and restrictions of the application (e.g., weatherability or thermal stability).
- They minimize or eliminate the chance of corrosion. Unlike metal components, plastic components are not susceptible to corrosion. This quality enables them to be used in applications and environments where exposure to water and/or harsh chemicals is expected, making them ideal for external windows and doors.
- They reduce the costs of assembly, installation, and transportation. The plastic injection molding process can be used to simplify the production of existing components. By using carefully engineered molds, manufacturers can turn a multi-piece component into a one-piece component, reducing the amount of work needed and, consequently, the cost of assembly and installation. Additionally, since plastic is much lighter than other materials, components made from it are also much easier and, therefore, cheaper to handle and ship.
- They are available in high volumes at low costs. The plastic injection molding process is most cost-effective for manufacturing projects involving high production volumes.
Typical Plastic Parts for Windows & Doors
Many window and door components can be made using the plastic injection molding process. The experts at The Rodon Group have the experience and expertise to manufacture a variety of parts and products, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Standard and custom grid clips
- Hole plugs
- Weep covers
- Vent stops
- Muntin bar clips and joiners
- Sash handles
- Screen corners
- Tilt latches
- Window roller assemblies
In addition to our standard offerings, our custom manufacturing capabilities enable us to produce components tailored to our customer’s specific application needs. Equipped with extensive experience, our team is ready and willing to tackle even the most challenging specifications.
Regardless of whether they are standard or custom, all of our parts and products are designed for optimal manufacturability. By performing all mold fabrication in-house, we ensure the tools we use are suitable for long-term, high-volume production. Maintaining strict quality assurance standards ensures that any piece we produce meets our customer’s expectations. We currently maintain a 99.8% acceptance rate.
Experience The Rodon Difference Today
The Rodon Group is an ISO 9001:2015 certified manufacturer that has earned a reputation for being one of the best in the industry. We are known for our high-quality, low-cost solutions. With our globally competitive pricing, we offer you the opportunity to leverage the benefits associated with using a domestic manufacturer while avoiding the risks of offshore sourcing. As one of the largest family-owned injection molding companies in the United States, we’re proud to deliver high-quality plastic products that fit the needs of applications ranging from consumer products, windows and doors, medical devices, construction tools, and food and beverage industries.
Browse our window and door component catalog for a full selection of our offerings, and be sure to contact us if you have any questions.
To learn more about manufacturing with The Rodon Group or explore the benefits of plastic injection molding for your next project, reach out to the team today.